Sunday, April 4, 2010

That's Your Luggage?

Well, it's a good thing I came into town a few days early, as I just discovered my mother's luggage situation. After a day full of Easter feasts at my cousins' in Marblehead, we arrived back to Medford where I saw what Rosemarie has planned to use as a checked item.

"This is your luggage?" I exclamined examining the object as if I had just unearthed a jurassic find deep in the La Brea Tar Pits.

"What's wrong with that, it was Aunt Lil's."

Now, keep in mind, my Aunt Lil is 92 years old and has not been on a plane or packed a suitcase since she flew to Las Vegas with her husband in 1970.

"We need to get you something fast," I said, reaching for the phone and calling my cousin Donna to inquire about the whereabouts of her luggage.

"I'd love to loan you them," she answered, "But they're all down in my house on Cape Cod."

After a few late night phone calls, we may have one from my other cousin, Karen. (It's good to be Italian, there is an abundance of relatives). Tomorrow, she'll drop off what she has and if it's not large enough, then it's off to Target to get my mom a decent suitcase with wheels.

All this and I'm teaching my mother how to use her new DVR. I'm for sure biting off a lot more than I can chew tonight, but I have tons of energy due to the obscene amout of food I have consumed today. So, it's a full day tomorrow, and I mean that in more ways than one as we need to make a breakfast visit to Aunt Lil. Unlike her luggage, her food is a welcome sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment