Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Excuse Me Sir, Is This Your Bag?

Good thing I bought the Red Carpet passes, because just as I predicted, we left the house early. After a stop at Aunt Lil's to drop off some scratch tickets, we got to Logan without a problem. My mother was amazed at the self-check in kiosks and a bundle of nerves walking down to the TSA agent who scanned our passports. Note to travelers, TSA agents do not smile - they do their job and then dismiss you.

Going through security, I first thought I should let Rosemarie go through before me - and I was relieved to see that there were no full body scanners in sight. On second consideration, I decided to walk through the x-ray first and looked back to see my mother waiting like an obedient child at the crosswalk.

Her bags went through without a problem and then I heard it.

"Excuse me, sir, is this your bag?"

Thankfully, Rosemaire was too busy putting on her shoes to notice I was having my bag examined. It seems that this seasoned traveler should have taken his 3oz bottles and placed them outside the suitcase. After a quick rescan, we were on our way, although the look on my mother's face was priceless.

Now, we're sitting comfortably in the United Red Carpet lounge and she's enjoying the quiet atmosphere. She's reading her complementary USA Today, munching on crackers and even answering her emails. Something tells me she's going to get used to traveling like this.

1 comment:

  1. Rosemarie - you look like a seasoned traveler - sitting there with your netbook answering emails. I agree Jim - she is going to expect traveling like this. Watch out - you may have a lifetime traveling companion. Is there room for a beloved cousin? ;-)

    ReplyDelete