Friday, April 2, 2010

Feels like Christmas

At 1 p.m. today, I am officially on vacation. I've been planning this trip for so long, it almost doesn't seem real, and there's a little piece of me that feels like it's Christmas Eve. I've got the latest Jackie Collins trash to keep me entertained on my cross-country flight and maybe, just maybe, somebody cute will sit next to me.

Ever the joyful service providers, United had me boarding my morning flight to Boston in group 4. Now, I despise boarding in that group number and since my friend Wayne will be nowhere in sight to get me in the priority line, I decided to purchase early boarding from the friendly skies. Fighting the amateurs as they hoard the overhead bin space is not high on my list of morning activities.

It seems that on United, if you are willing to grease the palms of the gatekeeper, you can buy VIP treatment. I'm not complaining. I'm no amateur flier, I'm just short a few hundred thousand miles. I draw the line at paying for their food, though. No amount of cash is worth that.

No comments:

Post a Comment